Reports Directly To: Chief Executive Officer
Title: Chief Facilities and Individual Donor Officer
Company Internal Job Title: Program Director
Other External Titles–Relationship Manager, Transformative Non-Profit Leader, Data-Driven Coach
Our mission is to provide holistic transformation for young African American men experiencing inequity at the intersection of race and poverty. We help them achieve brotherhood, stability and personal success. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Ujamaa Place offers these young men success in their lives through education and skills training specifically aimed at turning their lives around to become productive members of their families and communities. http://www.ujamaaplace.org/
Position Overview & Responsibilities:
This role is responsible for leading the real estate, asset management and revenue/wealth creation programs of the organization. The Chief of Facilities and Individual Gifts Officer holds the major responsibility of leading the individual donor development work and works closely with the Chief Executive Officer and leadership team regarding organizational strategy. As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, this individual works with the Chief Executive Officer in setting strategic direction, upholding a healthy work culture, and making collective decisions about key organizational issues.
The Chief of Facilities and Individual Gifts Officer also manages Ujamaa’s asset management and real estate development work, and is also involved in related fundraising and communications efforts.
Chief of Facilities
Real Estate Development, Facilities Management, Asset Management (Real Estate and Individual Gifts), and Revenue Creation (60% of role)
- Procures real estate for housing of clients
- Procures office buildings for Ujamaa Place
- Manages all of the property owned/leased by Ujamaa Place.
- Accountable for financial performance of residential real estate properties in Ujamaa’s asset management portfolio.
- Oversee property management partner relationships along with multiple vendors for self-managed units.
- Develop pipeline of projects to shape real estate approach, and identify funding opportunities.
- Develop and oversee budget for real estate and asset management, addressing shortfalls and accounting for long-term capital needs.
- Conduct monthly review of property financials and provide oversight of property budgets.
- Manage relationships with individual donors, and funding agencies.
- Manage real estate renovation projects.
- Update/monitor asset management plans for each property in Ujamaa’s portfolio
- Contribute to financial analysis and reporting on monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Ensure compliance reporting to funding partners to meet deadlines
- Lead oversight of and relationship with property management performance for entire portfolio, including both property management entities
- Oversee Real Estate tax accuracy and proper insurance coverage for portfolio
- Assist with oversight and maintenance of Hope’s community spaces, including knowledge of keycard, security camera, and other related systems
- Work with Community Engagement team members to maintain community garden spaces within Hope’s portfolio
- Project management for real estate development projects, including portfolio rehabilitation projects and new developments including small multi-family ownership strategy
Chief of Individual Gifts
Fundraising, Communications, and Public Policy (20% of role)
- Support with individual gift program reporting, and other fundraising efforts if applicable, including those related to Ujamaa’s real estate initiatives
- Support with communications pieces relevant to Ujamaa’s real estate work and CryptoCurrency portfolio
- Maintain presence for Ujamaa Place at policy tables related to cryptocurrency
- Maintain relationships with individuals that may participate in Ujamaa’s individual donor program
- Strategically build relationships with current stakeholders
- manages cryptocurrency as a component of individual giving
- Engage with cryptocurrency donors and potential donors to promote the benefits of donating using cryptocurrencies. Educate donors on the tax advantages and transparency of cryptocurrency donations.
- Monitor cryptocurrency markets and understand the execution of conversions to convert donated cryptocurrencies into currency.. Timing these conversions strategically to maximize donation value is crucial.
- Stay up-to-date with tax regulations related to cryptocurrency donations in Minnesota and at the federal level. Ensure that Ujamaa Place complies with all relevant tax laws and provides donors with necessary documentation for tax purposes.
Chief Systems Administrator of Salesforce (20% of role)
- Salesforce Administration:
- Customize, configure, and maintain Salesforce to meet the specific needs of the individual donor giving program.
- Create and manage custom objects, fields, record types, and workflows to streamline donor data management.
- Data Management:
- Ensure data accuracy, consistency, and integrity within Salesforce.
- Import, clean, and update donor records regularly.
- Deduplicate and merge duplicate records to maintain a clean database.
- Reporting and Analytics:
- Develop and maintain custom reports and dashboards to track donor giving trends and campaign performance.
- Provide actionable insights to inform fundraising strategies and decision-making.
- Donor Engagement:
- Collaborate with the development team to design and implement donor engagement strategies using Salesforce.
- Segment donors based on their giving history and preferences for personalized outreach.
- Integration and Automation:
- Integrate Salesforce with other systems and tools to streamline processes and data flow.
- Automate routine tasks, such as acknowledgment emails, to improve donor stewardship.
- Training and Support:
- Provide training and support to staff members using Salesforce for donor management.
- Troubleshoot issues and offer solutions to ensure efficient system usage.
- Security and Compliance:
- Maintain data security and compliance with relevant regulations
- Implement data retention policies and conduct regular data audits.
- Continuous Improvement:
- Stay informed about Salesforce updates and best practices.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong creative thinking, reflection, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to plan and manage time, information, and multiple priorities; to follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as well as to work as a member of a collaborative team
- Strong written communication skills
- Strong data analysis abilities/experience
- Understanding of key property financial documents – audits, operating budgets, pro formas, etc.
- Proficient in computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Understanding of fundraising and communications processes
- Knowledge of Real Estate finance
- Education and/or experience with urban and regional planning
- Knowledge of policies in Cryptocurrency
This role requires working conditions that include an office setting and out in the community connecting to local partners. Some work may be done remotely.
This is a full time position. Compensation will depend upon the candidate’s knowledge, experience and credentials, as well as contract negotiations.
Ujamaa Place is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary Range: $106,000.00 – $116,000.00 per year
- Health Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Vision Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
Ujamaa Place is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For questions regarding the role, the benefits packet, organization culture, or to apply send materials to Nichole Thomas at email@example.com